Date:      Mon, 21 Feb 2005 03:50:22 GMT
From:      "Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: gnu/77818: GDB locks in wait4() when running applications

The following reply was made to PR gnu/77818; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To: Sean Farley <sean-freebsd@farley.org>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 14:12:45 +1030

 --3O1VwFp74L81IIeR

 On Sunday, 20 February 2005 at 19:15:01 -0600, Sean Farley wrote:

 >> Synopsis:       GDB locks in wait4() when running applications

 > Whenever I run an application through the system's GDB, GDB locks in
 > wait4().  It does not matter if the application has debugging
 > information or not.  /bin/ls will lock GDB up for me until I type
 > Ctrl-C.

 Is this an SMP system?

 > Two systems of mine exhibit this behavior.  One has the binary
 > nvidia driver with a lot of changes in libmap.conf.  The other is
 > headless without a libmap.conf.

 I've found something similar with SMP systems only.  It wasn't as
 consistent as the way you describe, and I was able to work around the
 problem by turning off all but one CPU.  See kern/77537 for more
 details.

 Greg

 --3O1VwFp74L81IIeR

 --3O1VwFp74L81IIeR--