Date:      Thu, 30 Jan 1997 22:06:17 -0500
From:      "Kevin P. Neal" <kpneal@pobox.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Source code commits

At 01:26 AM 1/30/97 -0700, Nate Williams wrote:
>> I suggested a sort of "write-through" validation/submission system for
>> the CVS tree a year ago, where anyone could "commit" to the source
>> tree but for those people who weren't actually authorized to commit
>> directly, what would happen instead is that the diffs would be
>> automagically sent to the person or persons actually responsible for
>> the code in question, and they would review and optionally commit it.
>
>Aieee, why go for trivial solutions when we can do something much more
>useful (and difficult).
>
>I think it would be easier to rewrite CVS from scratch. :)

Starting with RCS. A nice library with a well defined interface.
Then CVS can be put on top of that.

This is actually on my todo list. Above it, however, is getting a stable
machine to do the coding on.
--
XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Junior, Comp. Sci.    -   kpneal@pobox.com
XCOMM  House of Retrocomputing:            -   kpneal@eos.ncsu.edu