Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 1996 20:17:12 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Karl Denninger  <karl@Mcs.Net>
To:        michaelh@cet.co.jp (Michael Hancock)
Cc:        dfr@render.com, karl@Mcs.Net, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: NFS node: disappearing directory

> On Fri, 18 Oct 1996, Doug Rabson wrote:
>
> > and at the same time, continually list the contents of the directory
> > 'test', after it gets past about 'a252', the client can no longer see past
> > the first 4k of the directory.  This is because the client detects that
> > the directory is modified and tries to trash its buffered copy of the
> > directory contents withg nfs_invaldir() and nfs_vinvalbuf().  This
> > confuses nfs_getcookie() and the directory appears to be truncated.  I am
> > working on a fix.
> >

> Excellent!  Progress feels good.  :-)
>
> Regards,
>

> Mike Hancock

At this point I think we can consider this bug squashed.

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service
			     | 23 Analog Prefixes, 13 ISDN, Web servers $75/mo
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| Email to "info@mcs.net" WWW: http://www.mcs.net/
Fax:   [+1 312 248-9865]     | 2 FULL DS-3 Internet links; 400Mbps B/W Internal