Date:      Thu, 21 Jun 2012 13:09:57 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
To:        Thomas Mueller <mueller23@insightbb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CLANG vs GCC tests of fortran/f2c program

>> force gcc build that MAYBE will work. possibly not.
>

> My experience with NetBSD suggests you may be right there, but Linux?

After commercial support got too much about directing decisions, NetBSD
got very quickly useless.

> I'll have to build a new Linux installation and see for myself!

Warning: You may not go through it healthy.

> I'm still inclined to say FreeBSD 9.0 is an improvement over 8.2; I never got to 8.3.

There are some new functionality. rctl may be very very very useful.

But as for speed - i don't see it to be better, and at high disk I/O load
it seems to get somehow longer stalls but it is subjective, no precise
test done.