Date:      Fri, 7 Jul 2000 19:44:25 EDT
From:      H2a0cK0e0r0@aol.com
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   hey i need help!!

i installed freebsd on my comp and tried installing the gnome thing,but i got
this message after installing the gnome,and typing startx after the myname#
part,this is what i got:

execve failed for /usr/X11R6/bin/X (errno 2)
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect : Can't connect  : errno = 2
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect : Can't connect  : errno = 2
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect : Can't connect  : errno = 2
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect : Can't connect  : errno = 2
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect : Can't connect  : errno = 2
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect : Can't connect  : errno = 2
giving up.
xinit : No such file or directory (erno 2) :   unable to connect to X server
xinit : No such process (errno 3) : Server error.
myname#

        can you guys please tell me what i have to do and/or install to get
this working and to be able to run it in a gnome thing please?i am farely new
to this,so please have patience,thnx!