Date:      Thu, 9 Aug 2001 00:40:22 +0200
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@eurocontrol.fr>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [ntpd 4.1] root on beast

According to Matthew Jacob:
> First failure: install target fails:
>
> cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/ntp/doc/../../../contrib/ntp/html ;  install -c -o root
> -g wheel -m 444 vxworks.htm  /usr/share/doc/ntp
> install: vxworks.htm: No such file or directory
> *** Error code 71

Hmmm, the doc/ directory (maintained by Sheldon) is not touched at all by
the upgrade and I didn't got the error. Will check.

> farrago.feral.com > root ntpdc -c listpeers
> client    LOCAL(0)
> client    beppo.feral.com

So it works for you. That's interesting so maybe the problem is limited to
beast. I've found another alpha to play with so if it works for you and
that other machine, I'll commit it.

> farrago.feral.com > root ntptime

Thanks for testing.
--
Ollivier ROBERT  -=-  Eurocontrol EEC/ITM  -=-  Ollivier.Robert@eurocontrol.fr
FreeBSD caerdonn.eurocontrol.fr 5.0-CURRENT #46: Wed Jan  3 15:52:00 CET 2001