Date:      Fri, 18 May 2007 19:34:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Charles Sprickman <spork@bway.net>
To:        Francisco Reyes <lists@stringsutils.com>
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recommended SATA controllers

On Fri, 18 May 2007, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> Charles Sprickman writes:
>
>> I'll need to put some kind of SATA controller in there.  What can I buy
>> that's known to be very stable under 6.2?  I recall that in the past some
>> onboard SATA controllers were a little sketchy...
>
> If you need RAID 3ware cards are a possible option.
> Althrough I rarely have any problems with 3ware cards a couple of times
> (Freebsd 6.2) the controller has either frozen or restarted the machine.
> However this has been fairly rare.

I use the 3Ware cards, but this is just a personal box, and I've been
happy with gmirror on a few other hosts.  I want to save a few bucks and
also continue to pummel gmirror to see how it holds up...

Looking to spend under $70 or so, which I'm guessing is a pretty high
ceiling for a non-RAID card.

Thanks!

Charles