Date:      Thu, 9 Dec 1999 18:23:03 +0100
From:      Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   MSDOS Users Q&A addition for bootmanager

Hello ppl.

I propose an additional entry in the handbook, section 2.4 (MS-DOS
User's Questions and Answers)
about Bootmanagers, that they can use.
Point them to
ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/tools/osbsbeta.exe or osbs135.exe, while I
prefer osbsbeta.exe. It's really nice and can boot at least Windows,
FreeBSD and Linux here without ANY problems. You install it from DOS.

Well, at least it could point to
http://www.FreeBSD.org/tutorials/multi-os/

Furthermore, the FAQ entry "Can Windows 95 co-exist with FreeBSD"
(install.html) should point to these pages, too.

In fact, searching through the FAQ archives with search.cgi does give
no reasonable answer for "boot AND manager" _in_ _the_ _FAQ_.
(Of course it returns the multi-os tutorial.)

I think the FAQ/Handbook should at least include a note to the tutorial.
Maybe you also want to change "Can Windows 95 co-exist with FreeBSD"
"Can other operating systems (inclucing Windows...) co-exist..."
or something like "how can I install a boot-manager"? (I often use
ALT-F in Netscape or / in Lynx to search for keywords in big
html-files, and so I could find a reasonable entry.)

I would do patches myself, but my English is kinda bad, thus someone
else should add them.

Alex
--
I doubt, therefore I might be.