Date:      Tue, 12 Nov 1996 10:03:25 -0800
From:      "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
To:        "R. A. Nethercott" <rnet@tchnet.tchnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: System Lock!

>I have a question for you BSD gurus!  My system is continuously locking
>up on Sunday afternoon and it does not give me any information to attempt
>to fix it.  Now, it is crashing more often, and I still do not know where
[...]

Are you running X?  If so, leave your system at the virtual text
screen 0 when you're done with it, and you may see what you're looking
for right on your monitor, the next time it hangs.  The kernel
debugger won't automatically switch you out of X and back to a text
vty, because it doesn't know how.

  Michael L. VanLoon                           michaelv@MindBender.serv.net