Date:      Sun, 8 Dec 2002 21:32:40 -0600
From:      "Schroeder, Aaron" <ajschroeder@BUTLER.TMSComputers.com>
To:        "oliver" <opml@terraflux.com>, "Sten" <sten@blinkenlights.nl>
Cc:        <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: AlphaServer1200 (5305), FBSD4.7 and Symbios53C875

FWIW - I have never gotten anything other than 5.0-CURRENT to load on
those boxes, and I have a few of them at my disposal, of course, I tried
all of them to "make sure." Sure enough, -CURRENT loaded without a
problem, except I couldn't get a SMP alpha to work until DP2 was out,
and, I have not had the time to load DP2 onto a 5305 yet.

Oh, and one more thing that I could not get working was the onboard NIC
on that SCSI card. Just wouldn't see the network, so I loaded a DE500
and that worked for me. Maybe DP2 fixed that as well.

Good luck,

AJ