Date:      Tue, 3 Apr 2001 01:50:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Bristow <mike@urgle.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/26286: format string warnings in man pages.

The following reply was made to PR docs/26286; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mike Bristow <mike@urgle.com>
To: Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
Cc: mike@urgle.com, FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 09:48:38 +0100

 On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 06:38:26PM -0700, Dima Dorfman wrote:
 > The idea behind this is great, but I don't really like how the above
 > text is duplicated everywhere.

 [ snip beginings of a vague idea ;-) ]

 I see what you mean, and I agree to an extent (I'm not to sure if programmers
 will follow the cross reference, though.  Hmm.  It's difficult to
 get the balance between shoving info down peoples throat, and
 repeating yourself so often it gets boring).

 Perhaps style(9) is the right place to mention it in detail.

 Hmm.

 I'll try and work something up along those lines, and see what it
 looks like.

 Thanks for the feedback!

 --
 Mike Bristow, seebitwopie