Date:      30 Jul 2000 12:50:41 -0500
From:      Lars Eighner <eighner@io.com>
To:        Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: docs/20298: man 5 keymap missing in 4.1 (Stable)

In our last episode,  <200007301700.KAA77216@freefall.freebsd.org>,
the lovely and talented Ben Smithurst broadcast in freebsd-doc:

BS> The following reply was made to PR docs/20298; it has been noted
BS> by GNATS.

BS>  eighner@io.com wrote:

>>> Synopsis: man 5 keymap missing in 4.1 (Stable)

BS>  Yes, we know.  PR 19995.  You do realize that the manpage will be
BS> included a lot sooner if you wrote a keymap(5) page?  Even if it
BS> wasn't perfect, it would provide a starting point for someone to
BS> clean it up.

You do realize if I had any idea what the page was supposed to look
like - or how to find that out - I wouldn't be asking.  The only
example of a keymap(5) page I can find is for minix, which might as
well be Greek so far as its relevance to FreeBSD is concerned.

I'm not going through a checklist: "Aha, man page missing, 5 points
off!"  I attempted to pull up the page because it seemed to me it
might contain particular information (the list of valid values that
can be plugged into the keymap tables) that I needed and that I did
not know how to discover otherwise.  I still don't know how to
discover that information otherwise.

--
  Lars Eighner           eighner@io.com           http://www.io.com/~eighner/
                    Save the whales! Collect the whole set!