Date:      Mon, 1 Oct 2012 13:34:28 -0400
From:      Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
To:        Cpet Services <cpetservice@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Updates to features.html

On 1 October 2012 11:00, Cpet Services <cpetservice@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to update features.html. Please look at
> http://cpet.multics.org/freebsddocs/data/features.html

General comments:

This page should be aimed at people that may have heard of FreeBSD but
are not current users. As such avoid using FreeBSD terminology or
giving configuration information. This of this as a marketing
document, not a technical one.

Specific comments:
""Over ten years of work have been put into..." - its a bit older than
10 years now ;)
"FreeBSD 1/i386 a.out binaries on FreeBSD/amd64" - pretty cool, but a feature?
Hhook - the description is pretty technical, and presupposes knowledge
of pfil(9) - perhaps some more general text is needed?
Accounting API - no need to specify how to enable it - perhaps make
this a link to the handbook page. Actually it would be cool if *all*
the headers were links to handbook pages.

I didn't look in detail past the 9.0 section.

> And tell me what you think of it.

Thanks for working on this: this is one of the most important pages on
the website! I hope that your work makes it in.

Have you seen http://wiki.freebsd.org/WhatsNew/FreeBSD10 as well?

--
Eitan Adler