Date:      	Thu, 05 Dec 1996 08:18:27 +0000
From:      "Verdell B. Hicks" <verdell@novalink.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   News

Good Morning all,
	I'm noticing a problem passing news groups back to my news feed.  I've
been through how they say I need to set up my files and still no go.  For
starters I am set up over there as an authorized return feed.  They added
me by hostname and by IP to make sure they aren't denying me the service.
First of all the error is this.

Dec  5 08:00:04 loki innxmit[2750]: newsfeed.internetmci.com connect failed
502 You h
ave no permission to talk.  Goodbye.

Now my newsfeeds contains the following that is pertinent

ME\
        :*,!nova.*/world,usa,na,gnu,bionet,pubnet,u3b,eunet,vmsnet,inet,ddn,\
        k12\
        ::

newsfeed.internetmci.com/news.internetmci.com:*:Tf,Wnm:

And my nntpsend.ctl file contains

newsfeed.internetmci.com:newsfeed.internetmci.com::

That's all.  I don't have a clue as to why this could be happening.  Could
this be an error on the part of the installation settings?  Thanks to
everyone who has helped me so far.  News is flowing in great and I'm
watching that 4 gig drive go quickly.  This next one is a potentially
stupid question but once news.daily runs, what actually process actually
goes through and deletes the articles?  I inherited this busted with a pat
on the back and an it's all yours now.  I noticed that news.daily was not
being run and therefore no articles ever actually expired.  I ran it
manually and did quite a bit according to my process logs.  But the size of
the partition hasn't changed in size and I have a QUICK expiration due to
space.  What else happens to make expired messages go away.And so that
news.daily gets run how often should I have it run?

							Muchos Gracias.