Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 20:24:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alex Zepeda <jazepeda@pacbell.net>
To:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        current <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Speaking of ATAisms...

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Soren Schmidt wrote:

> > zippy:~#dd if=/dev/afd0c bs=1k count=16 of=afd0c.output
> > dd: /dev/afd0c: Input/output error
> > zippy:~#Jan 26 00:38:32 zippy /kernel: afd0: error reading primary
> > partition table reading fsbn 0
> >
> > Hmm.  I know this disk works with Windows 98SE.
>
> Well, if it has problems with the partitions you should use /dev/afd0
> and /dev/wfd0.

Well the first read (even after the little blinky light went out) after
inserting a disk with afd0 gives me an i/o error.

The second read works.

Swapped zip disks.

Same with afd0c, except when it "works" zero records are transferred.

It doesn't do much predictably, except for not work.

I know I got an error reading the primary partition table the first time I
tried to read (forget whether it was afd0 or afd0c).

/me scratches his head

- alex