Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 2010 07:00:42 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Lars Eighner <luvbeastie@larseighner.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Make gtk widgets use a larger font

On Thu, 9 Dec 2010 11:44:01 -0600 (CST), Lars Eighner <luvbeastie@larseighner.com> wrote:
> How do I make gtk widgets use larger fonts? I found an old linux FAQ on
> this, but it appears to have nothing to do with the way configuration works
> on FreeBSD.

I'm not sure if it will still work, but in the past,
you could create ~/.gtkrc and override settings as
you liked.

style "font_1"
{
	font= "-b&h-lucida-medium-r-normal-*-12-*-*-*-p-*-iso8859-15"
}

class	"*"	style "font_1"
widget	"*"	style "font_1"

Then replace "iso8859-15" with the font encoding you
need, and of course "12" with any other font size
that fits your needs. In order to construct the font
determination string based on a visual impression and
attribute selection from lists, you can use the

	% xfontsel

program.

Attention: Untested.

--