Date:      Wed, 29 Jul 1998 13:11:50 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Conspiracy Theories (Was: Re: The future of the bt848 driver? (FW: cvs commit: CVSROOT avail) )

> > Heck, if I were to venture a guess, I'd say that John left because he
> > couldn't work with the other members of core, for whatever reason.
>
> 	Right now, that is what I'm seeing also :(  How many ppl *are* on
> core?  Is it an over-bloated 'elitist' club that needs to be trim'd
> down?

Quite the opposite.  I think it needs to be gone through and people who
are helping should be given a berth, and people who don't have time
anymore should be asked to step down.  IMO, being a 'core' member is a
not a life-time appointment.

But, that's just my opinion, which with a dollar will by you coffee. :)

> 	Since I've started using FreeBSD, and been a member of these
> lists, the names that stick out, some possibly erroneously associated:
>
> 	Jordan: head honcho/businessman/hacker/jack of all trades
> 	Amancio: Multimedia guru
> 	John Dyson: VM god
> 	You: Networking

*Phhft*  Me, I just dink around with whatever I find interesting.  Bill
Fenner is the networking guru, and Garrett is the one providing future
direction.

The only thing I do is cause trouble, just ask Jordan. :)

Nate