Date:      Thu, 27 Nov 2014 17:08:15 +0000
From:      Miguel Clara <miguelmclara@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org" <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>
Subject:   "run" card (RT3071) very slow connection

I've mailing the list before about and issue with 5Ghtz which I then found
was actually the fact that 11n is not supported on USB cards!

Still I have a 100/10 fibre connection, and I've been testing some FreeBSD
11-current stuff on the laptop with this card (the on-board card is not
supported by freebsd)

I'm very close to the router and can't get a better connection than 7-8M
download and on local speeds its not better than that (tested with iperf).

The on-board card is a Broadcom 4333 and I got better performance with this
one (using ndis) but it crashes a lot so its not really a better option.

To be clear the card is connected to the 2.4Ghtz network which accepts
N/G/B, I have the 5Ghtz set to N only as this is currently the only device
at home using 2.4Ghtz.

I don't expect getting the full 54M limit but this is really poor!

What info can I post to better investigate?

Melhores Cumprimentos // Best Regards
*Miguel Clara*