Date:      Sat, 14 Jul 2001 12:06:36 -0700
From:      "Franco Gasperino" <franco@extreme-ware.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   fxp failure

Hello list,

  Recently, my 4.3-STABLE system started to lose it's network connectivity.
It appears that if the ethernet card does not detect activity, the interface
will stop responding to any type of traffic to/from it. The card is an Intel
10/100 Pro, using the fxp driver. Bringing down the interface, and again
back
up, will re-activate it for about 30 minutes until it dies again.

  I originally chalked it up to an SMP issue with the driver, but it has
the same problems with a UP kernel. I'm currently running a background
ping to the system to keep it alive. Has anyone seen such activity?

  BTW, my kernel conf is the GENERIC:
	+ SC_DISABLE_REBOOT

  Franco Gasperino
  Extreme Software