Date:      Wed, 29 Jan 2003 04:10:28 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jeff Roberson <jroberson@chesapeake.net>
To:        phk@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG>, Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>, Gary Jennejohn <garyj@jennejohn.org>, <arch@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: New scheduler - Interactivity fixes

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 phk@FreeBSD.ORG wrote:

> >	scheduler	4bsd
> >	#scheduler	ule
>
> This is just putting duck-tape over the hole rather than fix it.
>
> Config(8) barely managed to get a one-dimensional view of the options,
> it needs to learn about dependencies in a proper way, rather than
> to add magic keywords for all kernel parts.

Yes, I agree with this.  I have no intentions of hacking up config though.
In the absence of a real dependency mechanism I might be swayed to do some
duct-tape.  Perhaps we could come up with a spec and propose the idea to
someone who is inclined to work on these sorts of things?  I know peter
had some good ideas for this.

Cheers,
Jeff