Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2006 23:21:19 -0600
From:      jmc <jcagle@gmail.com>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: any way to reset ilo without disconnecting power?

On 3/27/06, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Mar 2006, jmc wrote:
>
> > If you're running version 1.82 (probably 1.80 too) you can issue these
> > commands to the SMASH interface to reset the management processor
> (map1):
>
> What is 'the SMASH interface'?  is that when I ssh into the machine, or i=
> there yet one more thing I don't know about iLo :(

 The SMASH interface is spec'd by the DMTF:
  http://www.dmtf.org/standards/smash/

This is what you see when you SSH to iLO.  There are a few legacy commands
(REMCONS, VSP, etc.) but the SMASH stuff is much more comprehensive.

Also, keep in mind that if you remove all power from the server (by yanking
the power cord) that it will cause iLO to power off -- iLO is powered by AU=
power, meaning that it is ON as long as power is applied to the power suppl=
receptacle.

When iLO first powers on after the power outage, it takes it some time to
regenerate SSL certificates, so it will operate a bit slower during the
certificate regeneration period.