Date:      Sat, 20 Apr 1996 17:21:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Utz <spaz@u.washington.edu>
To:        Sean Kelly <kelly@fsl.noaa.gov>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   I cant type!!!Re: /dos permissions?

On Sat, 20 Apr 1996, Sean Kelly wrote:

>     John> Hello; I discovered recently that i cant write to my dos
>     John> partition
>
>     John> i then changed the entry in /etc/fstab to rw from ro
>
> That's probably the reason.  rw = read/write.  ro = read only.
> If you want to write to your DOS primary partition from FreeBSD, you
> need to mount the partition as read/write.  Put the rw in /etc/fstab.

	I am an absolute git. I mistyped this. I had changed the /dos from
ro to rw not the other way around. I did this and it went from giving me a
message "read only filesystem" to simply not letting me move things

> But be careful.  I heard that FreeBSD's DOS filesystem code isn't
> safe.  You might corrupt the data in your DOS partition if you write
> to it from FreeBSD.

	oh, great. wonderful. when did this transpire?

> --
> Sean Kelly
> NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory    kelly@fsl.noaa.gov
> Boulder Colorado USA                http://www-sdd.fsl.noaa.gov/~kelly/

 John Utz	spaz@u.washington.edu
	idiocy is the impulse function in the convolution of life