Date:      Tue, 19 Sep 2000 17:09:50 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Eric Ogren <eogren@earthlink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/21399: Handbook DHCP section doesn't mention bpf

Eric Ogren wrote:

>  +        <para>There are two things you must do to have your system use
>  +	  DHCP upon startup:</para>

This looks reasonable, with a couple of minor complaints...  You know
what I'm like... :-)

>  +	      device is compiled into your kernel. To do this, add
>  +	      <quote>psuedo-device bpf</quote> to your kernel

<literal> would be better than <quote> here, I think.

>  +	      part of the <emphasis>GENERIC</emphasis> kernel that is

Probably <filename> for GENERIC, but I'm not sure "GENERIC" is being
used just as a filename.  I don't think emphasis is right, I'd use
<literal> (which I tend to use for anything I want in monospace when
there isn't a better tag) if <filename> isn't right.

>  -        <programlisting>
>  +            <programlisting>
>   ifconfig_fxp0="DHCP"
>  -        </programlisting>
>  +            </programlisting>

Please don't include gratuitous whitespace diffs along with a diff which
changes content.  It just makes life hard(er) for the translators, and
in this case, difficult for whoever commits your patch since they'll
have to fix it to remove the white space differences (and check if they
are in fact only white space differences).

If the indenting is wrong, please include a fix for that as a separate
diff so it can be committed separately with a log message like "white
space change only -- translators may ignore this commit".

Other than that, it looks good.

I shall have to warn you soon, that if you send many more good diffs
like this, someone is likely to say "I'm sick of you, Eric.  Here's your
commit bit, now commit the damn patches yourself." :-)

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@FreeBSD.org / PGP: 0x99392F7D