Date:      Sat, 08 May 1999 20:31:56 -0600
From:      Donald Wilde <dwilde1@thuntek.net>
To:        jim@blues.ghis.net
Cc:        Bill Fumerola <billf@jade.chc-chimes.com>, eagle <eagle@eagle.phc.igs.net>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: advocacy web pages

Jim Mock wrote:

> On Sat, 08 May 1999 at 16:25:17 -0400, Bill Fumerola wrote:
> > On Sat, 8 May 1999, eagle wrote:
> > > I was waiting for somebody else to respond to this, the main
> > > reason that the advocacy site is not included in the main
> > > repository, Is that the design goals of the site, tend to break
> > > the concept of mirrors.
> >
> > What magic does this site do that would wreck the possibility of
> > mirrors?
>
> Well, once the backend is finished, alot of the HTML (the gallery, the
> user groups list, etc.) will be generated on-the-fly by various
> scripts, etc., from a database.  I don't know how many people would
> want to have postgres installed along w/apache-php3 to mirror the
> FreeBSD site if it was part of the main cvs tree.

Actually, I was told by Jordan that it __would__ be part of the main
tree, even though it's mounted on a dub-domain. Nothing I am planning on
doing in the HTML portion will be un-mirrorable. In fact, that's the
main reason for the e-mailer script, so only a minimal amount of CGI has
to be mirrored with the script.

Jordan?

--
Don Wilde                 "Bringing the Internet to everyone!"
Wilde Media