Date:      Wed, 6 Sep 1995 15:22:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Don's FList drop" <freelist@elf.kendall.mdcc.edu>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@Keltia.Freenix.FR>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Booboo in Boca multiport card HOWTO

On Sat, 2 Sep 1995, Ollivier Robert wrote:

> It seems that Don's FList drop said:
>
> Small change but an important one :
>
> > (from the FAQ)
> > cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
> > cp GENERIC MYKERNEL
> > vi MYKERNEL (this is the point where you make the changes indicated)
> > config MYKERNEL
> > cd ../../compile/MYKERNEL
>
> make depend
>
> > make all
> > make install
> > reboot

Hmmm. I stole that section right off the FAQ in
/usr/share/FAQ/Text/FreeBSD.FAQ in the 2.0.5 distribution. I've been
complining kernels here w/o using that, but perhaps I haven't made
any related changes..... Hmmmm....

Not reassuring - I just ran it for my most recent kernel, and it didn't
immediately pass. Wonder what side effects I might be seeing as a result
of failing to do this?