Date:      Thu, 09 Mar 2000 21:42:20 -0500
From:      Jim Bloom <bloom@acm.org>
To:        Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
Cc:        jdp@polstra.com, jkh@zippy.cdrom.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: More "ld-elf.so.1: assert failed" messages

NOTE: Take everything I say here as general info.  I haven't used these thread
packages, but have used others in the past.

It should be called somewhere between the starting of the process and the
creation of the second thread.  There is no problem if there is only one thread.

THREAD Create would be fine as long as it sets a variable accessible to all
threads indicating dllockinit has been called.

Another possible location would be a routine that initialize the multithreading
for the process.  This routine may not exist in all thread packages though.

Jim Bloom
bloom@acm.org