Date:      Wed, 14 Jun 2000 01:33:55 +0200
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@nisser.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        Tyler Spivey <tyler@wapvi.bc.ca>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail

Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> * Tyler Spivey <tyler@wapvi.bc.ca> [000612 14:31] wrote:
> > sendmail is a pain in the arse. i do not want it to start up, how do i shut
> > the bloody thing off? it spews out it cant find my domain name.. so what? i
> > hate sendmail, i dont need it actually.
>
> see /etc/defaults/rc.conf, apply changes to /etc/rc.conf

Without an alternate mailer wouldn't that cause at least some
slowness in the periodic scripts? Root gets a "lot" of fanmail.

Which also addresses the latest remark in the origal message. You
do if you like to receive those messages. Well, that or an alternate
MTA like postfix, exim, qmail, whatever.

Roelof