Date:      Wed, 27 Dec 2023 13:38:51 -0800
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        Ruslan Makhmatkhanov <rm@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: kernel: psm: keyboard controller failed at git revision 3334a537ed38

--2dXBQqYsbzMFoSdZ

On Wed, Dec 27, 2023 at 11:44:37PM +0300, Ruslan Makhmatkhanov wrote:
>    Hello,

>    I updated my tree to revision 3334a537ed38, made buildworld and kernel
>    as usual.
>=20
>    Booting with new kernel leads to keyboard not working at system login
>    prompt and the message "kernel: psm: keyboard controller failed" in
>    /var/log/messages.
>=20
>    Reverting to boot the old kernel main-n266238-03e2fc4c4446 makes
>    keyboard and system working again.
>=20
>    I failed to find similar problem in bug tracker and google. Does
>    anybody also see this behavior?
>=20
>    Regards,
>=20
>    Ruslan

I updated my "development" machines from main-n267169-5bc10feacc9d to
main-n267215-3334a537ed38 this morning; I did not see the problem you
cite.

One of those machines is a laptop (with which I interacted directly);
I used ssh to login to the other two (from that laptop).

I note, though, that that laptop (which I use the most) is (mostly)
over 9 years old, so it may not be caught up in some of the more recent
=2E.. "hardware fashions" that tend to make using such devices a bit more
"interesting" than one might expect.

(Gory details of updating process & history at
https://www.catwhisker.org/~david/FreeBSD/upgrade.html and
https://www.catwhisker.org/~david/FreeBSD/history/, respectively.)

Peace,
david
--=20
David H. Wolfskill                              david@catwhisker.org
Do these ends really justify those means?

See https://www.catwhisker.org/~david/publickey.gpg for my public key.

--2dXBQqYsbzMFoSdZ

--2dXBQqYsbzMFoSdZ--