Date:      Tue, 02 Jun 2009 00:43:06 +0400
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
To:        glarkin@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Fix for CONFLICTS in emulators/linux_base ports

(Seems I've got this mail by private email and send an answer.
but for archieves I'll duplicate it here.)

On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 15:28:49 -0400 Greg Larkin wrote:

> Hi emulation team,

> I'm working on a PR for graphics/linux-ac3d, and it required me to
> upgrade my linux_base-fc-4_14 package.  I noticed that the newer
> linux_base-f ports don't include the correct package name in CONFLICTS
> for the older port.

Thanks for taking care of it. I should have done it myself but
you know there are always other first-aid-things to do... :-(

> I have included a patch for the ports that you maintain.  Please review
> it when you have a moment and let me know what you think.

> http://people.freebsd.org/~glarkin/diffs/bsam-linux_base.diff

Some thoughts:
. I'm not sure if names without * can match anything (and
  anyway if they do, ex. linux_base-fc will match linux_base-fc6,
  the third diff);
. there are more linux_base ports now (including linux_base-f9,
  linux_base-f10). They should be included into CONFLICTS and
  their CONFLICTS should be considered either.

Thanks once more!

WBR
--
bsam