Date:      Sat, 13 Dec 1997 17:33:40 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>, sthaug@nethelp.no, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [jgrosch@mooseriver.com: Re: Beginning SPARC port]

In message <19971214105532.35984@lemis.com> Greg Lehey writes:
: If I were to do this (and I might--I have a 17" Sun monitor out in the
: shed), I'd put it on a second display board.

I'd be curious to see if this works.  I've never had enough hardware
to give it a try, since the mono boards were before my time and none
of the cards I've tried support multiple VGA cards in one system...

: There are numerous ways to handle this problem, for example turning
: the monitor off during boot and until you can start xdm.  I probably
: wouldn't have sent this message to -questions without a few more
: caveats, but I think -hackers people can think for themselves.

Yes.  Too bad you have to fsck /usr before you can start X, or have a
huge / partition in order to make it work well in the boot process.

Warner