Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 23:26:09 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        ben@rosengart.com
Cc:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, "'freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Virus Announcements

Snob Art Genre wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Brett Glass wrote:
>
> > In the real world, none of us can avoid having to deal with Windows.
> > In many cases, it's the reason why our UNIX skills are so valuable.
>
> Speak for yourself.  I don't deal with Windows, and I think all this
> Windows virus talk, while not intrinsically valueless, is out of place
> on FreeBSD lists.

Except as an amusing anecdote on why we don't use Wankers 95.

Monday morning I woke up to a report by one of the talking heads on
"The Today Show" about how this email virus was affecting "all computer
users."  I told my wife before learning anything more about it that
it didn't affect "all computer users," nor would it affect her.  I
was certain it would turn out to be yet another MS-Bug being tickled,
and was I right or what?

The best way to secure PCs is to remove all traces of Microsoft slop-
ware from them, even the boot sector.