Date:      Wed, 21 Aug 1996 15:38:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dev Chanchani <dev@trifecta.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Cc:        support@c2.org
Subject:   Apache Performance

Okay, I have noticed that my apache web server performance has become a
dog. I have seen the same version of apache scream under similar server
load. are there any configuration options that i can change that will
help the performace of apache (compile time, configuration files, etc,
etc). I have noticed lately that when people hit our pages, the page does
not load as fast (connections opened longer for the file to load), etc. I
dropped the new apache in and it screamed until i recompiled it and
changed some configuration options. I have been playing fo ra while, but
cannot figure out why our webserver slowed back down.

Any help would be appreciated.
Dev Chanchani