Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 2007 18:31:18 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Duane Hill <d.hill@yournetplus.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Invalid argument on accept(2)

I have an issue where I'm getting periodic errors in /var/log/messages and
/var/log/maillog where it states:

   Feb 27 18:23:33 smtpgate postfix/smtpd[68480]: fatal:
                   accept connection: Invalid argument

I've been to the Postfix list and have received a number of responses. One
of the developers is stating:

   "Erroring out with EINVAL would still be a kernel bug."

This server is running FreeBSD 5.5-RELEASE-p9 amd64.

Perhaps someone could enlighten me on what I can do to debug some socket
connections to see what's going on.