Date:      Fri, 9 Aug 1996 08:52:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dan Benjamin <dan@abyss.void.net>
To:        "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MS Frontpage server extensions

Dan,

> There must be thousands of FreeBSD ISPs out there.  What are people doing
> about supporting FrontPage?  FreeBSD is still not a supported OS.
> Has anyone got the BSD-OS/2.0 version to work under 2.1.5?

I use Frontpage extensions with 2.1.5-RELEASE on a daily basis, and so do
my users.

Download the one for BSDI 2.x and you're on your way.  Believe me,
FreeBSD *is* a supported OS ... ;-)

There is _one_ problem though.  Frontpage uses a different password
encryption scheme to generate its passwords.  The password you use for
the Frontpage "admin" (generated on the PC you're using and then saved to
the /data dir of the web site).

The fix for this is simple.  Just use a password for the Frontpage admin
that you used for the webmaster (or another user).  Then cut-and-paste
that password into the following file (replacing the old encrypted
password).  This is where mine lives, anyway (once inside the /data dir,
all will be the same):

	/usr/local/www/data/_vti_pvt/service.pwd

Good luck.

=========Dan=Benjamin==========dan@void.net=========
           George Orwell was an optimist.