Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2001 22:10:24 +0200
From:      Cejka Rudolf <cejkar@dcse.fee.vutbr.cz>
To:        Wes Kurdziolek <wkurdzio@cslab.vt.edu>
Cc:        Christiaan Keet <keet@plig.net>, freebsd-hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Broken mirrors

Wes Kurdziolek wrote (2001/04/23):
> ftp3.freebsd.org is "clean" and doesn't have any 4.3 bits on it. It's up
> to date through the 18th which is AFAIK the last day the real
> ftp.freebsd.org was available.

Hey, guys, wait a minute, please.

If I look into /pub/FreeBSD, how is it possible that I have on
ftp.cz.FreeBSD.org:

-rw-r--r--   1 mirror  ftp  4926714 Apr 18 14:41 ls-lR.gz

and you have on ftp3.freebsd.org:

-rw-r--r--   1 root     wheel     5192565 Mar 11 13:36 ls-lR.gz

??? And I'm afraid that I have overwritten dir.sizes and README.TXT
with older versions than the ones that were on my mirror (I have
been sufficiently fast to stop mirroring process on ls-lR.gz...).

Do you think as me, that it is not easy job to be a good FreeBSD's
FTP mirror? ;-) I think I understand people, who do not want to
use our mirrors. Just look at modification times of some files
on different mirrors...

--
Rudolf Cejka   (cejkar@dcse.fee.vutbr.cz;  http://www.fee.vutbr.cz/~cejkar)
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of El. Engineering and Comp. Science