Date:      Tue, 18 Sep 2001 17:29:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas Shay <tshay@email.unc.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Status of Airport 350 PCMCIA with 4.3-R?

I've searched the freebsd-mobile archives, and there are several messages
about this, but they don't really form a coherent answer (including broken
links to patches, etc.). I thought maybe someone could summarize how to
make a Cisco Aironet 350 PCMCIA card work with FreeBSD 4.3-R.

I've got the kernel, /etc/pccard.conf, and /etc/rc.conf all configured
properly and the card is recognized on insertion. The only apparent
problem is (when trying to configure dhcp for this card) the error "record
length mismatch -- expected 134, got 136".

This seems to be a common problem, and there seem to be several possible
solutions partially ouslined in the archives, but it's not clear to me
which one is the easiest and most likely to succeed. Can someone give me a
concise answer?

Thanks,

Tom

--