Date:      Wed, 19 May 1999 14:06:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Seth <seth@freebie.dp.ny.frb.org>
To:        Greg Quinlan <greg@qmpgmc.ac.uk>
Cc:        Geff Hanoian <boing@boing.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Memory leaks & kernel panic/reboot & ahc reboot

Allow me to jump in quickly:

What threshold?  Here's the way I've seen it work (empirical observation
playing around with that perl script I just sent along):

Memory listed as "free" gets malloced first.  Then, "Inactive" memory gets
used.  Finally, swap is used.  There may be other steps in the process,
but the order of these three should be correct.

SB