Date:      Wed, 17 Oct 2007 13:13:15 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Nathan Whitehorn <nathanw@uchicago.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ffs_blkfree bug

This problem triggers data corruption, as well as panics: it just
destroyed nearly all the partitions on a machine of mine (hooray for backups).
It was running 7-CURRENT from a week before the branch on amd64 with an
LSI SAS controller.

The interesting thing is the nearly all -- it destroyed all the partitions
with softupdates on, and left all the ones with softupdates off unharmed.
Maybe this is useful?
-Nathan

(I'm not subscribed to this list, so cc on replies if you want me to see
them)