Date:      Wed,  4 Oct 2000 11:07:12 -0400
From:      "Eli Stair" <estair@computer-exchange.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NATD,IPFW not working but no errors.  (WAS-NATD,IPFW...failed to write packet....)

-------Sorry to spam, I forgot a subject line and I know no one reads
-------a post with no subject (including myself:).___________________

>Can your gateway box ping the internet? Can your client boxes ping
>the gateway box? (-Paul)
>I'll second the question.  Specifically, can you ping 192.168.0.1 from
>any of your local machines? (-Ruslan)

In a word, yes.  The BSD gateway machine (SHRIKE/192.168.0.1) can fully
access the private network,be pinged, pings, FTP logins from clients,
etc.  The external interface works perfectly as well, I can use FTP,
lynx, etc.

I honestly don't know what's going on.  Thankfully this isn't a
production machine, it's my home network.  However I'm glad I'm going
through this before having this happen on site :)  If anyone has any
idea what to try, let me know.  If any one wants me to re-hash what's
going on I'll re-post relevant details, command-line outputs, etc.

Thanks again all, I'm sure it'll work *one* day ;)

/eli