Date:      Wed, 24 Feb 1999 21:30:17 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        dyson@iquest.net, jkh@zippy.cdrom.com, jackv@earthling.net, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCO revamps UnixWare with Linux features

Terry Lambert wrote:

> > > If I want to read Linux press announcements, and I more than
> > > occasionally do, I'll subscribe to the APPROPRIATE mailing list for
> > > that purpose (hint: it's run by an organization called "Linux
> > > International" not "The FreeBSD Project).
> > >
> > > So please, knock it off.
> >
> > It is *extremely* irritating to me also.  Maybe it might motivate
> > those who have PR skills, but it really "feels painful" to those
> > who dont, and can do little about the problem.
>
> What is appropriate for an "advocacy list"?  Self congratulation
> and other forms of cheering?

Planning our own advocacy activities, as opposed to just whining about
those of others?

Nah, it'd never work.

--
             Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                                     +1.801.915.2061
Softweyr LLC                                                  wes@softweyr.com