Date:      Wed, 07 Jun 2000 11:21:30 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Mark Skarbek <mjs374@psu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Make Failure in Kernel Config

Mark Skarbek wrote:

> I am running FreeBSD 4.0 with an Ensoniq SoundScape Soundcard.  I received errors when
> rebuilding the kernel to support the card.  I have included the kernel config file.  Please mail me
> at mjs374@psu.edu to let me know what is wrong with it.

You may not get a response from anyone with a SoundScape Soundcard
because of using HTML and a weird attach.

You used both the old and the new. The ss driver and the pcm driver
aren't usually needed at the same time. I have an ES-1371 and all I
needed was the pcm device driver. You install that kernel and do a
"./MAKKEDEV snd0" in /dev and usually have sound. You can verify that
by typing "mixer".

Applications such as KDE need more work but that isn't a kernel
question.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart