Date:      Sat, 23 Aug 1997 00:46:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <cschuber@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 101 THINGS YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR TO SAY.

On Fri, 22 Aug 1997, Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group wrote:

> Here's some Friday humor.

> >    11. Wow....that seemed fast.....

I can't top "Live Bugs on Order" but I like the following NT 3.1
dlog.txt message.  My local sysadmins like NT because "everyone has
gotten used to the graphical interface", but they can't figure out
how to make it possible for me to read my "share" on the NT machine;
meanwhile what I can read is their configuration and log files.  It
seems they have mechanical as well as other problems.  I find this
rather courteous and charming:

Backup Status

The tape device reported an error on a request to write data to tape.

Error reported:
Write protected tape.

Backup completed on 8/20/97 at 12:30:27 AM.
Backed up 0 files in 0 directories.
Processed 0 bytes in  1 second.

--
Annelise