Date:      Sat, 07 Sep 2002 16:32:19 -0700
From:      Michael DeMan <michael@staff.openaccess.org>
To:        <chip@chocobo.cx>, Jim Flowers <jflowers@ezo.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Network diagrams

Has anybody looked at opennms.org?

It only runs on linux right now, but is all java based and backed on
Postgres.  I would think a FreeBSD port wouldn't be too bad, a friend of
mine had a couple of guys at his company port it to OSX earlier this year,
although I'm not sure where they're at now.

- mike

 9/7/02 2:29 PM, "Chip Marshall" <chip@chocobo.cx> wrote:

> On Sat, 2002-09-07 at 09:19, Jim Flowers wrote:
>> While not a common solution, I really like InterMapper from Dartware running
>> on a Mac OS X platform.  Except for not being able to maintain it remotely,
>> it does everything you could possibly want including generating the map
>> automatically, updating in real time, monitoring both availability and
>> services, email/pager notification of state and making all the information
>> available including maps and reports via web.  I get cell phone notification
>> any time a device goes down.
>>
>> The maps are attractive and can include custom text information as well.
>> Best if all your devices support snmp.
>
> If someone made a free version of InterMapper for X, I'd be in network
> admin heaven. We used to use it at an ISP I used to work for, it worked
> great. Unfortunatly, it's a bit pricy for most places where I'd want to
> use it, and the educational pricing isn't much better.
>
> Any X programmers out there listening? :)

Michael F. DeMan
Director of Technology
OpenAccess Internet Services
1305 11th St., 3rd Floor