Date:      Tue, 28 Jan 2014 04:16:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jakub Lach <jakub_lach@mailplus.pl>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   .sujournal strangeness after (?) upgrading to 10-STABLE

Unfortunately, I had my first reboot. Not trusting journal (I've enabled it
on all filesystems some time ago) I did full few fscks between reboots
in single user mode.

Unsurprisingly, there were some inconsistencies in / and /var _but_
checking tunefs -p, actually SU+J was disabled there (on all other
filesystems it was still enabled)!

I don't know how that happened, previously I just didn't trust SU+J
enough and did fsck anyway, I hope that explains inconsistencies.

For some time I couldn't enable SU+J again, because of  .sujournal
actaully present both in / and /var - so there was evidence I really
enabled it but somehow it disabled itself?

Anyway, using chflags 0 I've removed both journals and after fsck was
successful in enabling both journals again by tunefs -j enable
(/ after a reboot with "read only fs modified" error).

However, that new journals (initial ones were created somewhere on
9-STABLE I think) bear an actual date of enabling them- in difference
to the old ones, that have just a start of Unix epoch (1970).

Is it intended behaviour?

/tmp $ ls -lioF .sujournal
3 -r--------  1 root  wheel  schg,sunlnk,nodump,opaque 33554432  1 sty  1970
.su