Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 1998 16:45:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        ben@rosengart.com, gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG, alexandr@mail.eecis.udel.edu, paul@originative.co.uk, regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Threads across processors

On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Terry Lambert wrote:

> > I don't know if anyone else has noticed or not, but Apple has stopped
> > doing insane marketing mistakes.  They actually have put together some
> > very nice machines lately.  I'm not a Mac enthusiast, but I'm going to
> > have to stop using them as an example of computer idiocy.
>
> What about the insane marketing mistake of not documenting your
> hardware?

It's a relative thing, Terry ... I didn't mean to say they were suddenly
without faults (what you mention is a prime reason I avoid them) but
when you compare them even with their behavior 2 years back, it seems to
be a different company.

I had to upgrade my son's computer (he's a mac person) and I was
surprised.

We have to stop this, so I moved it to chat.  I'd get hassled for this
kind of stuff on current.

> 					Terry Lambert
> 					terry@lambert.org
> ---
> or previous employers.

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run Journey2 and picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (NetBSD).