Date:      Wed, 01 Mar 2000 10:04:27 -0500
From:      yves@radicaux-libres.qc.ca (Yves Berthiaume)
To:        Bhishan Hemrajani <bhishan@cytosine.dhs.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with IP aliasing

At 8:08 PM 2/29/00, Bhishan Hemrajani wrote:

>First of all, that stuff you have in your rc.firewall is wrong.
>Your rc.firewall should look like this:
>$fwcmd -f flush
>$fwcmd add 10 divert natd all from any to any via de1
>$fwcmd add 65000 allow all from any to any

There is a couple of things I dont get here.

        >$fwcmd -f flush
        flush is fine

        >$fwcmd add 10 divert natd all from any to any via de1
        10... is this a port? services does'nt specify it... I've also
never used divert... I'm assumming that
        "de1" is in fact "xl1"

        >$fwcmd add 65000 allow all from any to any
        65000.. also a port I'm not aware of...

On rc.firewal I've basically took the prototype and seasoned it to taste
for the different services I have on the server i.e mail, ftp, etc...

>Also, you should be starting natd like this:
>natd -n xl1

I did see your point when I read man natd.

Also, could anybody point me to a *good* HOWTO on natd?

Thanks for your help.

Radicaux Libres                                   Solutions technologiques
Yves Berthiaume                                            4644 Parthenais
T:514.529.0989                                           Montreal, Quebec
F:514.529.4633                                                     H2H 2G7