Date:      Mon, 3 Nov 2003 19:35:18 +0800
From:      "=?gb2312?B?WGluIExJL8Du9s4=?=" <delphij@frontfree.net>
To:        "'Shen Lily'" <gb_orchid@hotmail.com>, <doc@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: Why does freebsd not support it?

I think the reason why there is not LFS support is, the LFS code dies out in
the tree for a long while and porting from other BSDs is not trivial. In
addition, pratically, Soft Updates will be better in many aspects, I guess
this is the primary reason why there is not a LFS support available.

I think it will be valuable to have a read-only LFS support in FreeBSD.
However, I don't think it's a heavily desireable feature, because Soft
Updates does well in most cases.