Date:      Tue, 20 May 1997 11:47:11 -0700
From:      Brian Litzinger <brian@mpress.com>
To:        Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
Cc:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>, Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyone know of any software for playing Video CDs?

On May 19, Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk> wrote:
> Stupid question perhaps, but I have a large green book here at work
> titled CD-I - Fully Functional Specification.
>
> I didn't buy this, the company did. Assuming I read the specs and then
> wrote a driver would I get sued or would the company that owned the specs
> that I read get sued ?

I'm in the US. So I have UScentric opinions.
Does that go without saying 8-)

That is _the_ book.  It is generally a good idea to have the 'White
Book' too.

I suspect your company was required to sign a company-wide NDA which
automatically includes everyone at the company.  Now if you took it
home, and your room-mate read it... However, your company might still
be liable.

I'm going to pursue the library api type functionality and a sample
filter.  I will also use CDD or tosha as the engine for reading
the mode 2 form 2 sectors.  Does CDD or tosha support the Plexor
drive?

--
Brian Litzinger
brian@mediacity.com