Date:      Mon, 16 May 2011 19:39:51 +0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   SR71-15 (AR9220 + 5ghz radio) update

Hi,

Just thought I'd post an update here, partially to let people know
what's going on and partially so I don't forget.

When I run an SR-71A AR9160 STA -> Unex DNMA-83 AR9160 AP in 11n HT40
ShortGI 5ghz mode, with no tx/rx aggregation enabled, I get a good,
solid 52mbit/sec TCP throughput.

When I run an SR71-15 STA -> AR9160 AP in the above config, it starts
at 52mbit and then it falls over time to around 47mbit. The CRC error
count on the AP goes up and I'm sure the long retry on the STA goes up
too. The SR71-15 and SR71-A NICs are in the same box.

If I then switch back to the AR9160 STA -> AR9160 AP, everything is ok.

I'm going to do some more debugging to see what's going on but it's
possible there is something subtly strange with the TX power
config/calibration on that unit. I'll have to do some further digging
to see what's up.

I haven't tried the SR71-12 (2.4ghz AR9220) yet, nor have I tried the
SR71-15 doing RX aggregation in hostap mode.

If you're using an SR71-12 or SR71-15 with -HEAD then please let me
know. I may need some verification of fixes.

Thanks,

Adrian