Date:      Sun, 14 Dec 2003 14:44:10 -0500
From:      Jaime <jaime@snowmoon.com>
To:        "Martin P. Hellwig" <mhellwig@xs4all.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Page faults every few days

On Sunday, December 14, 2003, at 10:41  AM, Martin P. Hellwig wrote:
> Take a real close look on you're mobo, if there a some pots in there
> which
> are too round (or even broke open) to look natural then those pots wil
> disfunction above a certain temparature. This is the most common
> failure for
> computers which failure can not be easily identified.
> The 'explosions' of the pods occures if a motherboard (the whole thing
> not
> just the cpu) is exposed to temparatures above 45 degrees celsius for
> a long
> time, ofcourse this depends on the quality of those pots (a hot summer
> with
> your pc in a roof room is a good candidate).

	This is interesting and useful information.  I always wondered by the
manuals state an operational temperature range of about 105 degrees
Fahrenheit.  45C = 113F

	Of course, it wouldn't be that simple of a solution.  :(  The room is
air conditioned to a much lower temperature.  About 73F to 78F, most of
the time.  (About 25C.)

							Thanks,
							Jaime